This Docker for DevOps – from Development to Production course isn’t just your run of the mill introduction to Docker. This course shows you what you can build with Docker and how to do it, learning the Docker basics along the way! Walk through developing and deploying a multi-service Flask and Ruby on Rails application (more framework examples will be provided as bonus lectures too). Don’t worry, you won’t need Flask or Ruby on Rails experience to understand this course. The emphasis is on deploying a web application, not building one. Learning by example is a great way to retain information and learn quickly!
Dozens of massive companies are using Docker every day, but the awesome thing about Docker is it works incredibly well, even for the smallest projects. Nowadays learning about Docker and general DevOps skills is gaining massive momentum in the tech scene. It’s similar to how mobile app development was a few years ago. Companies are EXPECTING new developers to manage the full life cycle of their web applications. This means BOTH developing and deploying your apps.
Here’s your chance to STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE!
- You’ll learn how to get your development environment set up to run Docker. Windows, Mac and Linux users will be able to follow along.
- You’ll learn the Docker basics and complete a hello world example.
- You’ll Docker-ize a Flask or Ruby on Rails application and pickup a few best practices on how to create a production ready application with those frameworks.
- You’ll learn how to create a staging server so you can test your app.
- You’ll learn how to keep your app running forever by getting a crash course with systemd.
- You’ll learn how to configure and serve your app over SSL (HTTPS) with nginx.
- You’ll learn how to purchase and configure a domain name (and make it work with your new server).
- Finally, you’ll learn how to obtain a FREE SSL certificate and hook it up.
Plus, get tips on where to go next for topics such as:
Learn anytime, anywhere, at home or on the go.
- Adding more services to your app
- Scaling out beyond 1 host
- Monitoring and alerting
- Hooking up a continuous integration pipeline
- Dealing with centralized logging
- Looking into using various configuration management tools
- Length of Subscription: 12 Months Online On-Demand Access
- Running Time: 7.5h
- Platform: Windows & MAC OS
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Stream your training via the internet, or download to your computer and supported mobile device, including iPad™, iPhone™, iPod™ Touch and most Android devices.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.