Do you want to create the perfect family Christmas? Have you always wanted to celebrate Christmas at home but never knew where to start? Maybe Christmas has always been celebrated at family and friends' and now it's your turn and you need that extra help to ensure you make a day that everyone is going to enjoy and remember for years to come.Introduction to the Christmas Course
Our Christmas course is designed to make you a Christmas expert. You will gain the knowledge and skills to host the perfect Christmas function from setting a budget to what to buy to what to cook. This information packed course will give you information on decorating your tree, how to buy Christmas gifts and so much more.
The course is made up of sixteen informative modules, which should take around ten hours to complete, depending on how much time you have available. The benefit of this is you can study at your own pace and in your own time.
At the end of the course, you will need to complete the multiple question test and when successful, you will be given the opportunity to download and print your certificate. In the event you do fail, you will have another opportunity to re-take the test once you have gone over all the modules and feel confident you have what it takes to create the perfect Christmas experience.What's Covered in the Course?
This Christmas course is brimming with valuable information that you can use leading up to and on Christmas day to ensure you and your family have the best Christmas experience. The sixteen modules will teach you everything you ever needed to know about planning the perfect Christmas, this includes:
Benefits of the Course
- Introduction to Christmas – learn some interesting facts you may never have known about this special holiday, including why Christmas was cancelled in Britain for a number of years.
- Planning and prepping for the Christmas holiday – learn essential budgeting tools, money saving tips and great alternatives to traditional Christmas gifts and more.
- Christmas in the working environment – learn about etiquette when it comes to giving and receiving gifts in the workplace along with how to get the most out of your work Christmas party.
- Christmas shopping – gain tips on setting a budget, gift ideas and online and offline Christmas buying gifts you need to remember at all times.
- Decorating a Christmas tree – this module will provide you with valuable information on choosing and decorating your Christmas tree.
- Christmas cooking – in this module you will learn about Christmas cooking including traditional turkey and meat options, stuffing and cooking times.
- Christmas pudding and other desserts – here you will learn about the common ingredients found in Christmas pudding and desserts along with the traditional puddings served at Christmas tables around the world.
- Setting your Christmas table – learn how to plan the best Christmas table settings, how to set table runners, placemats and settings and how to effectively arrange your guest seating.
- Christmas drinks – this information packed module will give you valuable insight into what drinks to serve, alcohol-free Christmas drinks, cocktails and more.
- Hosting Christmas or boxing day – learn when you should start planning, invitations, how to plan and more.
- Wrapping, personalisation and packaging – wrapping the perfect Christmas gift is covered in this module with the best wrapping techniques and alternatives to wrapping.
- Christmas games for the whole family – this module will add an element of fun to your Christmas celebrations with a choice of family friendly and adult games you can enjoy.
- Managing stress at Christmas – planning the perfect Christmas celebration can be similar to planning your wedding day. This module will give you tips and advice on how to manage your stress effectively to ensure you have the perfect day with your family and friends.
- Making and decorating your Christmas cake – learn when you should start, what ingredients you will need and how to bake.
- Making Christmas a magical experience for children – this module will provide you with a range of ideas and tips to ensure the children find this day magical from start to finish.
- Other important considerations – this module covers all the other important aspects of your Christmas day celebration from taking the best photographs to volunteer opportunities and more.
Who can take the course?
- Improve your knowledge about Christmas.
- Amaze your family and friends with the perfect Christmas celebration.
- Know what and how to cook, along with setting up the perfect table.
- Create the perfect Christmas experience you will remember for years to come.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 16 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.