The CompTIA Cloud Essential certification is applicable to a wide range of IT professionals. the course is geared towards those currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners analysts. This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing. The course domains include:
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Business Perspective
- Technical Perspective
- Adopting the Cloud
- Operating in the Cloud
- Governing the Cloud
LEARN365 Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Instructor-Led Training: Learn 365 uses only the industry's finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Learn 365 always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators: Learn 365's custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Learn 365 courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Social Learning & Networking: Learn 365 has designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and Learn 365 employees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and like different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Flash Cards & Educational Games: IT online learning knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
Navigation and Controls: Learn 365's self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Domain 1.0 Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
- 1.1 Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
- 1.2 Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
- 1.3 Name early examples of cloud computing.
- 1.4 Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- 1.5 Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.6 Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.7 Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
Domain 2.0 Cloud Computing and Business Value
- 2.1 Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- 2.2 Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- 2.3 Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
Domain 3.0 Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
- 3.1 Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- 3.2 Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing employment.
- 3.3 Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- 3.4 Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
Domain 4.0 Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud
- 4.1 Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- 4.2 Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- 4.3 Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant for realizing cloud benefits.
- 4.4 Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Domain 5.0 Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
- 5.1 Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- 5.2 Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
Domain 6.0 Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
- 6.1 Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organizations existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- 6.2 Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- 6.3 Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility