This exam is aimed at those who have completed the CIW Foundations Associate course and want to gain certification. Successfully passing the exam provides clear, permanent evidence of your hard work in gaining a new set of skills and knowledge. That skill set is uniquely comprehensive, encompassing the three key areas in this combination-course: Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate.
The CIW Foundations Associate course and exam are aimed at:
- Students at high school or college – seeking a place in higher education or their first career position
- Professionals in a wide range of sectors which actively benefit from Internet technology, including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
The CIW Web Foundations Associate certification exam 1D0-610 lasts for 90 minutes and contains 90 questions across the three disciplines covered on the course (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate).
To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 63.33%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills, including...
For Internet Business Associate:
For Site Development Associate:
- Identifying: job roles in the information technology industry; the infrastructure required to access the internet; the basic principles of the Domain Name System (DNS); the function of web browsers – and using them; features in web browsers, such as preferences, caching and cookies – and configuring them; security issues related to Internet clients; principles of Personal Information Management (PIM) – and using them; ethical and legal issues faced by IT professionals.
- Defining: important Internet communications protocols and their roles in delivering basic Internet services; additional networking and Internet services – and using them; essential social networking and web 2.0 concepts.
- Demonstrating ways to communicate effectively using Internet technology.
Network Technology Associate:
- Identifying: design and colour principles for web pages – and using them; essential website navigation issues, ensuring page / site accessibility; steps in the website planning and development process; management, testing and legal issues in developing a website; the benefits and drawbacks of running your own web server using a service provider; and common strategies for managing an end-user’s experience.
- Defining: XML and identifying its features and appropriate use; essential aspects of CSS – and using them; and e-commerce and related technologies and concepts necessary to develop a secure, useful interface.
- Demonstrating: the knowledge required to build a web page; knowledge of languages commonly used to provide database connectivity to websites.
- Identifying: the role of networking hardware, configuring for operation; the relationship between IP addresses and domain names, assigning IP addresses within a subnet; the functions and components of servers commonly used on the Internet; common Internet security and availability issues; and common performance issues affecting Internet clients, including diagnosis and analysis.
- Demonstrating: knowledge of basic data communications components, and technical knowledge of the Internet; and an understanding of virtualization.
- Explaining: concepts involving personal privacy protection on the Internet.
Advantages of this exam
- Learners who complete the course and pass the exam will be more than merely digital literate: they will have a unique understanding of Internet business, data networking and website design.
- CIW certifications don’t expire; once you are CIW certified, you retain your status forever, regardless of if and when we update the exam.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- New lesson quizzes are also available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.
NOTE: The course for this exam can be found HERE : The Course with the exam can be found HERE.