This exam is aimed at those who have completed the CIW HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist course, gaining advanced skills in creating web pages that easily adapt to display on smartphones, tablets, gaming devices and smart TVs, as well to traditional desktop and laptop computers. Passing the exam leads to CIW HTML5 and CSS3 certification. This is clear evidence to employers of a skill set which is highly sought-after in a wide range of technology-focused business sectors.
Candidates for this exam (who have completed the CIW HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist course) may also have completed the Site Development Associate course. Therefore, it is ideally suited to students looking to prepare for higher education or gain a high-level career-entry position. It will also appeal to professionals who want to take their career to the next level. They may already be working in:
- Web Design
- Internet Consultancy
- Information technology
- We and Graphic Design
- A wide range of other business
The CIW HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist exam 1D0-620 lasts for 75 minutes and contains 55 questions. To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 72.73%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills:
- HTML5 essentials – including: development skills for traditional and non-traditional delivery platforms; web development trifecta and its significance; the evolution of HTML; creating and deploying HTML structure tags; perform HTML5 code validation and explain its practical value.
- Using CSS technology – including: explaining the function and purpose of CSS style sheets technology – and their importance when designing sites; define common CSS terms and syntax; develop and apply page layouts with CSS, position content and apply flow.
- Familiarity with CSS3 – including: listing the features added to CSS functionality in CSS version 3; applying common CSS3 properties and selectors, backgrounds and border, fonts and text effects.
- Using advanced CSS3 techniques – including: applying 2D and 3D transformations, transitions and animations; creating accessible user interfaces, menus and buttons, transparencies and overlays.
- Using HTML5 APIs – including defining APIs and using the HTML5 Canvas APIs for advanced techniques.
- Developing HTML5 forms – including defining the purpose and functionality of HTML5 forms and using the HTML5
- Completing, submitting and validating user input forms – including using HTML5 attributes for using completing and submitting form,s and defining and describing general concepts and techniques used to validate user input forms.
- Designing for mobile devices – including comparing apps to mobile websites, developing appropriate page layouts for use on mobile devices and creating navigational elements and hyperlinks for mobile web pages.
Advantages of this exam
- Passing the CIW HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist exam is the culmination of the candidate’s conscientious study of the CIW HTML5 and CSS3 course and their gaining advanced web development skills.
- Certification is powerful evidence of a significant skill set, which is highly valued by a wide range of sectors in today’s business environment.
- The content of the CIW HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist course and exam is designed to mirror the Internet’s increasing focus on mobile technology, preparing candidates for the future of the industry.
- CIW certifications don’t expire; once you are CIW certified, you retain your status forever, regardless of if and when we update the exam.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.
NOTE: The course for this exam can be found HERE : The Course with the exam can be found HERE.