In this Life after University – Getting into the Creative Industry course, you are guided through the decisions one might face when starting a career in creative design. This unique documentary-style course is led by two creative professionals: Martin, who has been in the industry for more than 10 years and Emily, who graduated only a year ago. Their conversation about the challenges in their career and their different perspectives provide great insights for anyone planning to start their creative career.
Starting a career in the creative industry can be challenging as there are a lot of choices one has to make. By the time you’ve finished this interview-style ‘Life After University’ course, you’ll be sure to have an advantage when heading into the field of creative design.
You’ll learn about these topics & so much more!
- Opportunities don’t always come from where you would expect them. Always be on the lookout.
- When you have an idea just start, don’t wait around. 1% is more than none and once you started you will be more inclined to continue.
- When you are starting out in the creative industry you should concentrate on producing a volume of work instead of being a perfectionist. Try to create quality work, but don’t spend too much time on one piece as you are restricting yourself and slowing down your development.
- Surround yourself with inspiration both online and offline. Follow creatives you admire on Instagram, collect ideas on Pinterest and go out often for walks, to meet people and to see exhibitions.
- Pick a social media and stick to it. There is no point in trying to post everything everywhere. You need time to produce quality content and spend less time struggling to keep up with posting about what you do. Think about which social media channel is most suited for what you do and learn to use it like a professional. If you focus on one or two channels you will also be able to post more regularly, which is crucial to keep building a follower base.
Learn anytime, anywhere, at home or on the go.
- Before You Graduate
- Branding Yourself
- Time Moves Quickly
- Practical Skills
- Software Tips
- Work in Progress
Length of Subscription: 12 Months Online On-Demand Access
Running Time: 50m
Platform: Windows & MAC OS
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Project Files: Included
Stream your training via the internet, or download to your computer and supported mobile device, including iPad™, iPhone™, iPod™ Touch and most Android devices.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.