In this age of technology, the tools business professionals use to communicate are changing quickly and dramatically. But one thing hasn't changed: The need to get your message across succinctly, purposefully and with focus. In this course, you'll learn the secrets of high-impact written and spoken communication and how to apply them every day to achieve your goals, influence others and get results.
Sought after presenter and speaker Lauren Schieffer shows you the time-tested practices exemplary communicators possess, and teaches you how to shake loose your hidden talents, fire up your passion to communicate effectively—and succeed!
By the time you are done with this course you'll discover dozens of tips, strategies and techniques for producing high-impact communication in every situation, every day. You'll learn how to get your message across succinctly, purposefully and with focus to be clear, concise, correct, creative and conversational in all your communications.
Does communication seem more complicated than ever these days-especially with the influx of technology into the workplace? If so, you’re not alone. Thousands of business professionals share your feelings. Learn how to easily create, write, edit, proof and present high-impact communication – starting today.
Be Clear (9 min)
Never again hear someone say, “I just didn’t understand.” Learn the secrets to making your message crystal clear.
- Get to the point up front
- Choose familiar words people understand
- Keep sentences short and simple so people retain what you say
- Stick with the subject-verb-object sentence structure to avoid confusion
- Communicate difficult information with visuals
- Take time to edit to avoid unprofessional mistakes
Be Concise (8 min)
Long, wordy e-mails or presentations don’t impress anyone-they either confuse or bore them. Learn how to eliminate unnecssary words and phrases and trim down your communication to the essentials.
- Get rid useless words and phrases
- Shorten sentences
- Avoid long, flowery explanations
- Know the two basic ways of communicating and when to use each for the greatest impact
Be Correct (18 min)
Avoid common misuses of language that tarnish your credibility. Learn how correctly use often-confused words and phrases:
Be Creative (14 min)
Express yourself creatively to earn credibility, attract attention and gain acceptance of your ideas. Apply these simple techniques for overcoming creative bloacks and barriers:
- Build mind maps as the first step in your creative process
- Freewrite your ideas to get the words on paper quickly and painlessly
- Break rules you learned in junior high to conquer creative blocks qnd barriers
- Know your audience and what they want to know from you
Be Conversational (9 min)
Stiff, formal written communication is boring-no one these days wants to read or listen to it. Adopt a relaxed style your audience can relate to by practicing these strategies..
- Replace passive phrases and sentences with active, Conversational ones
- Tell stories to bring your ideas to life
- Strive to be interesting in both your writing and speaking
- Length of Subscription: 12 Months Online On-Demand Access
- Running Time: 1 Hour
- Platform: Windows & MAC OS
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Project Files: Included
Stream your training via the internet, or download to your computer and supported mobile device, including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and most Android devices.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.